CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Updating what s happening so far since august and september

Just to update what is happening so far. Last week, we went to see ENT in the city. BOY!!! Tristan had very hard day! Tristan refused to let the doctor to look at him. He s so strong. I couldn't hold him

He went to see audiologist for bit. He was scared at first then he opened very nicely. His right ear shows 65 -70...

Finally, we went to see the doc. Me and my mom and the secretary had to hold Tristan down on the laying chair to let the doctor to look his ears. Everything looks good. Boy, Tristan cried and cried. Glad that was over!

However, the doctor recommend us to get Tristan to have cat scan and blood work and genetic testing as well. This Wednesday, he will have cat scan it will be crazy morning for me and Dan. We have to be at the Nyack hospital at 8:30 am. Also, The doctor and nurse will put Tristan to sleep while doing the cat scan to be prepare. I know he will NOT BE HAPPY. Also, we will do blood work at the same time. So it will be easier for all of us.

On Sept 4th, he will go to the city again for having a surgery to have remove that he had extra skin tag next to his ear. It s better to have it remove before he will enter school next year. I don't wanted Tristan to feel low self esteem because of that. Just wanted to get over with it. I am glad we already taking care of that. Dr. Mike Rothfeild will doing to do that. He have no problem with that. He already checked his ear. everything looks good.


After we came home from the hospital. Trsitan was very tried of course the medicine effected that. Around in the late afternoon close to dinner time, he felt warm. So we gave him Tylenol to keep the temp. down and keep an eye on him. Over the weekend, he seems be to good health. :)

Two days ago, it s his first day of preschool. He loves it! He have a wonderful time, He will be attending five times a week from 12 30 to 3pm. I am glad that he likes it so much. The teachers are very warm and friendly to children that make them open to each other. That's what we wanted to see, from shy to open up to each other by talking, sharing, showing of 'show and tell', colors, and play each other. It will be a lot of fun for all of them!

Yesterday, we went to nyc again for check up for follow up for Tristan's. Dr. Mike Routhchild already took care tape on Tristan's. It s done. Of course, Tristan was crying while the doc tried to take it out. His boo -boo shows red. The doc informed me that it will go away and the scar will fade as well. I m happy everything is well. :)

We went back to the nyc for genetic counselor. Because it s refer to us to go by audiology. I am hoping no more doctors after that, expect pediatrics doctors and audiology that we have been going to. Genetic counselor have been asking some questions of our families histories. The boys were pretty good in the beigning but it was pretty long time that we stayed there. At least about three hours, i would say. While we were driving to the city, Tristan kept saying, I dont wanna to go to the city, I hate the city. We have been telling him, that we re not going to the hospital. We are going to talk, that's all. Of course, he was upset about that. We met few people who wanted to questioning us and mesure Tristan's head, ears, his height, and his weight. They are just doing their evlatuion. I m glad that Tristan willing to do that. Its take a while to let Tristan to see how much this and that. He kept saying, I wanna to go to the store! Then the next part, that they wanna to take the pictures of my face, Anthony's, and Tristan's. I went first, GOSH, Anthony had a fist! He creid and creid while they were taking a picture from side to side face. They are using cool technology. And we were waiting to the laptop to upload the picture to dots it up and show the 3 d of my face. IT S SO FREAKING! It s freaking becuase they rotoated the face it s so freaking. Its like the show, called, BONES. When they demostetion of ed faces/person. ITs looks like that.
So, the next person is Anthony. He s doing good so far. I have to tell him to look at the bear's nose that is the top of the product of camera. It s good so far. Then the next is Tristan. JEEZE! he wont do it! I had to hold him and take a picture of his face. We got it but not a good picture. It s a picture of him crying/screaming. At least we got it. We have to send them few other pictures of Daniel of close up and others too. I am hoping we are done with the doctors for now! We will see. Tristan miss his afternoon class today, we cant make it on time to get there. It s pretty a long day for all of us!

The good news for me, that I am approved for getting hearing aids by VESID (VR counselor). I am happy about that. I will be getting the hearing aids in two to three weeks. Hopefully, everything will be ready for ear molds and hearing aids as well. So, we have to see how I would likes it and etc. It have to go through process step by step to see if I can hear with new hearing aids.... if not, audiologist have to find other hearing aids will help. We just have to play around.The hearing aids that I have is almost ten years old!! It s time for me to get new one!! I am so grateful that VR will help me out to get new hearing aids. Right now, the hearing aids are crazy prices. VR helps women who are stay at home mom to take care of children. That s why. I am grateful for that! :)


Dan is doing well. The old job wanted Dan's back. But Dan is not going to take that chance after what they treated him. SO, we will see in the future with the jobs situations in different location. But not right now. Perhaps in Jan's??? That's what my VR sent me contacted until Jan. So, we will see from there.

Anthony is taking up a storm. He's still learning a lot. He's so smart. He is good boy! And Tristan too. They both becoming mature. Keep a fingers cross!!!

Just to let you the update of everyone! Hope everyone is well!! Hugs Hugs!

0 comments: